Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What About Mine?

Is what LB asked when Rooster got her nails painted! "Mommy, I want mine colored too" he said. I explained to him that it was a "girl" thing. "Boys don't have painted nails, Bubba" I'm sorry. You want to read a book?" I was trying the distraction method. It didn't work! "NO! I WANT MY NAILS COLORED!"

As you can see from the pictures, he got his way! For the record it was not my choice! Him and his bestest friend/sister Rooster snuck into the other room, and she painted his nails! I came in and saw this.....him picking the colors out, a different one for each toe. Just like Rooster had done on her feet! I'm SO glad she thought of getting a towel! Whew!

Sometimes they do things that make me ANGRY! They also do things that are just too cute to be mad at! Bath time that night was from H E double L!
LB didn't want to put his newly painted toes in the water because they would "melt away". After a little coaxing, a couple of furrowed eye brows, and slight raise of the voice... he enter the tub! The paint however survived, and for a few more days my little man had the twinkling toes of a princess!

6 comments:

annie said...

On the bright side your "tom boy" painted her nails. Baby steps...baby steps

Amy said...

That's adorable. My kids love to paint. I wanted to get Jane some nail polish for Christmas. Remember that Bonne Bell nail polish that would peel off? That's what I wanted...or something washable. I don't trust them with the REAL stuff yet.

Jodi said...

If you come visit I will paint their finger nails!

Anonymous said...

How cute, Nannie lOVES THIS!

Granny Hawk said...

Granny Hawk loves this too...look at his toes....smile, now that is a Smith trait...the toe over the other one...smile

Granny Hawk said...

of course love the 'tom boy'spidey man, too...ruby!!!