Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bust

One word to describe our Halloween this year! With everyone being sick we decided to have it indoors. Umm let's just say that didn't work out the way I had imagined it! The plan was to have our own little parade, and then I was going to hide candy for the monkey's to find.

Well, I ended up having to work from 1 to 6, with no choice, since I had used up all my time when Tornado was in the hospital....total bummer! Rooster, L.B, and Tornado dressed up in their costumes at around noon. My mom and dad were coming by with some treats, so they wanted to show them. Tornado was a stunt car driver, a hand-me-down from a good friend. Rooster wanted to be Spider man, which is no surprise! Until she saw L.B's ninja costume and changed her mind. Hunk, at the last minute ran to K-mart for another ninja costume. It was 50% off so that was good!

Nannie and Papa came by with the fullest bag I have ever seen, candy, popcorn, toys and clothes! They're wonderful! The kids took their costumes off before Nannie and Papa left and even before I could get ONE STINKING PICTURE! Yeah, I'm bitter! Pictures are my thing, ahhh well!

I ran off to work, which was kind of busy considering it was Halloween. Returned home with excitement in my heart! I was SO looking forward to passing out the three pounds of candy I bought, and see all the kids in their costumes! It's one of my favorite holidays!

We ate dinner, and waited. We cleaned up after dinner, and waited. We watched some "kid friendly" scary movies, and waited, and waited, and waited! Not one knock on the door! Not one kid! What the?

We do live off of a busy street, down a dark dirt path.....maybe that had something to do with it! Next year I will have to come up with something to catch their interests! For now, what am I gonna do with all this candy??

2 comments:

Amber said...

Ummm, i know what I could do with your candy! LOL!

Unknown said...

Oh how sad! I hate when things don't run the way they do in your mind! I always have a vision and when it doesn't work out it is a bit sad...