Saturday, October 17, 2009

Auntie's Make-Over

My Auntie Alice, with "The Hair" as people have called it. You see her hair as been a little wacky, as long as I can remember! It's always been the topic of conversation, and the but of many jokes. She's a tough lady though, she can handle it! When I say tough I mean it too! I once saw her throw a woman through a door! That's a story for another time, but know this. My family owned 3 bars for many years, one night I was with my mom and my aunt had to "regulate" I have never seen anything like it before! I make it a point not to get on her bad side too!

Anyway, the make-over. The stylist in this picture is a long time friend/family member of mine. She had a contest, the prize was a make-over. My mom and I nominated Alice, not only because of her "out of control", "wind-blown", "adds character" hair do! We nominated her because she is a very self-less person, with lots of love for everyone. I was SO excited for her! Here she is getting a new color!

And a facial! I was drooling with jealously the whole time I wathced this. It looked SO relaxing! It's like getting a mini face-lift without the surgery. I want one for Christmas!! *cough, hunk*

Next, the cut.

Finally, the style and make-up

I spent the day with four of the most amazing woman I know! At one point of the day Lady Gaga's song "Poker Face" came on in the salon. We all starting dancing, and laughing, it was great! My mom did a little jig, which I recorded and will post to my Facebook soon! I had to adjust my monkies birthday party, but IT WAS WORTH IT! Spending time with my Mom, Grandmother, Aunt, and friend....Making memories!

Here she is after!

3 comments:

Granny Hawk said...

that is awesome! She looks 10 years younger! whoo hoo!

Amber said...

WOW!! She looks great! and what FUN ..... I love the salon!

Gina said...

That is an awesome make-over. She looks fantastic!