Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Great Salt Lake

This is the Great Salt Lake! Picture has been modified slightly using my virtual photography program. This is what it really looks like................

I love that program, but it's not the topic of this post. I drive by this stinky, and I mean "rotten egg" stinky lake everyday on my way home. Yesterday, as I was coming across I 80 West (gasping for air) I looked over at this stinky cesspool and noticed people swimming in it!
I screamed out loud! OH MY HELL!! NOOOOO, don't go in there!! I had to pinch myself, am I dreaming I thought? Is this real? Is someone really swimming in there? Do they not know what is in that water?? Do they have a sense of smell??
Hello? Didn't they wonder why NO ONE ELSE WAS ON THE BEACH??
I feel bad for them! I wonder how long it will take to get the smell off??
Note to self: while traveling out of state...NEVER swim at an empty beach that smells of rotten eggs!!

5 comments:

Gina said...

That is a good one! HA

Katie said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Misty said...

I actually remember going out there a few times as kids. We never actually swam in the water but my mom felt like she was going to the beach. Ok .. whatever, mom.

Granny Hawk said...

I read people did swim in it a long time ago and floated because it was saltier then the ocean....of course I am not a Utahian...so I have to admit I would have liked to...and also antelople island, which never got to go when i visited...

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! But then again... you always are! I will make that note to self as well... no stinky beaches.