Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Favorite Time Of Day!

Okay, so far my blog has been focused on my wonderful children. The funny things they do, and say. Which is fine, but I decided I would like to talk about myself a little bit. I mean besides my kids and husband it is my favorite subject! Oops, did I say that out loud?

You know those quiet moments when you're all alone with yourself? That gives you a chance to look back on your life and hopefully laugh, maybe cry. These are my favorite times. Having three kids under the age of three, these moments are few and far between.

Well, a couple of moons ago, I had one of those far and between moments. We were all sitting on the couch; the kiddies were watching Da da da da da Dora. I was folding laundry which is NOT one of my favorite things to do, but I do it to avoid having to go every where naked! You are all welcome!

As I was getting into Dora, singing aloud "Bridge, rocks, waterfall" over and over again. I noticed all of the sudden I was the only one singing which at my house is uncommon. I looked over and saw this........



and smiled to myself, how precious and mainly quiet she was. I then noticed this....

and I thought to myself, is this really happening? Are they really sleeping? I waited, for them to jump up and shout surprise. They didn't, nothing going on here but heavy breathing! And then I saw this.......
A choir of angels sang in my mind, Ahhhhhhh ahhhh, halleluiah, halleluiah!
Isn't that a sight!! A little bit of heaven. Needless to say, and no surprise to people that know how much I dislike folding clothes, I stopped. Took a few deeps breathes of my own. My mind began to race through all kinds of memories. Some of my Grandfather, some of my life growing up, memories of one of my best friends that just had a birthday who passed away two years ago in January. I laughed a lot, and cried a little more. I wiped my eyes dry and was about to get me some food that I could actually eat without sharing! When the silence was broken by cries from Baby E, he was awake and ready for his lunch. I had to wait a little longer for mine and ended up sharing it with my little monkeys, AFTER they had eaten their own!! Something about the food being mine makes it taste better I guess!

5 comments:

Gina said...

That seriously is amazing to me. I didn't know that it was even possible for three kids (from the same family) to be asleep at once. What a sight!

Unknown said...

what a great picture!
Thanks for your nice comment on my blog ;)
Emily

Teddi said...

It is seriously the little 'nanoseconds' of sanity like this that keep us going! Just wish they happened a little more frequently and a little longer wouldn't be bad either!

Doodah said...

Kimm....you are so awesome. What talent you have. MUST take after me....your Aunt Doodah..

What a MOM you have become. I love you and the kids...Give kisses from me. See you in the summer????

Deb (Doodah)

Granny Hawk said...

You always write so good...enjoy it while you can...they will be grown up before you know it...turn around and they are in school, turn around again and they are in college, turn around again and they are married. AND, having babies! ;-]