Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Family Flu Shots



Some people sing songs, play games, have a lesson, and eat treats for family home evening. We get flu shots!! Don't be jealous! You can do it too!

Before I was a mother I never even knew there was such a thing as a flu shot. Now there is this overwhelming pressure from certain family members I won't mention any names ( Dad) to get the shot. I thought it over, not long or even hard, and decided if I was going to put myself through the pain of it Hunk would have to do it too.

We made an evening of it, and ventured to the local Health Department. Seems like every other family in the county decided to go as well. The place was wall to wall people.

There was about a 45 minute wait..... there was a play room full of fun looking toys for the kids. I mean let's face it we had nothing better to do that night, so we decided to stay.

After about 15 or so minutes Lunch Box comes up to me with a concerned look on his face. He looks over to the door, where standing in a security guard stance is a very tall, thick necked black man. Lunch Box looks at the man, then back to me and says "That heabenee fadda?" (translation, is that Heavenly Father?) That heabenee fadda, over and over while looking at the man standing in the door. I'm sure my face was all shades of red!

I looked over at the man he was looking back at me! Our eyes were locked for what felt like hours. I swear my heart stopped for a few seconds, and then he smiled! WHEW!! What a relief! I then turned to my little man and said, " No, baby that's not Heavenly Father". Lunch Box looked at the man, then back to me and said "oh okay mommy", folded his arms and went back to play.

3 comments:

Jesse and Katie Brunner said...

What are you talking about?? You're on my friend's list :) What's your hubby's name again? That way it's not just Kimm Crosby...and isn't your married last name something else? Your kids are adorable :)

Unknown said...

If I EVER took my kids to get a flu shot for FHE... I swear we would never be able to have FHE in our home again. They do not like shots and that would scar them for life.

Doodah said...

Kimm, you are so great at this stuff. You must take after me...your Aunt Doodah...Kiss the babies for me and I'll see ya in the summer. Love ya and miss you all.

Deb (Doodah)