Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Curly

My baby! There has been a lot going on with little Curly. He is getting to be SO big, and wanting to try to go to the potty. I'm having mixed feelings about that. I'm ready to be done with diapers, but not sure if I'm ready for my "baby" to be a big boy!

I'm not sure if I have mentioned in my blog yet that Curly has hearing loss. It was a long drawn out road to get to that conclusion. Unfortunate for him, he is behind with his speech and language. Since we got test results showing the hearing loss we have been cramming signing down his throat! I mean I signed with all my kids anyway but not as intensely as I have with Curly. He is like a sponge! I love the progress he has made through the use of sign language! It's almost like he knew all the words before, but didn't have a way to express them!

I read him a "Signing Time" book once, and the second time through he knew all the signs! He is talking (not real clearly) a ton! Signing even more, and most important he is learning language! I love being able to watch his little personality come to life, and his facial expressions are awesome! I feel so blessed to know sign myself. I'm glad that my knowledge was able to break a barrier for him!

3 comments:

Amber said...

WOW!! U are amazing! Sign language is such a blessing....in so many ways!! So glad to hear he is making progress!! U ROCK!

Misty said...

The Lord knew what He was doing when he sent you gps signing mission. Wow!

annie said...

That is awesome. I'm going to have to brush up on what little sign I once knew.