Monday, November 16, 2009

Remembering Reid

Today is my best friends birthday! Sadly though he is celebrating in heaven. Reid was killed in an ice climbing accident January 28, 2007. I miss him all the time! I met Reid when we were missionaries, in England. Our bond was instant! It was as though we were friends before, and I believe with all my heart we were!

Once we were both home, he took me to the Deaf ward and introduced me to some of the best friends I have ever had. He helped me with my transition from BSL (British Sign Language) to ASL (American Sign Language)! He pushed and encouraged with just the right amount of love and respect! Later we attended Utah State University, and became roommates. I cherish those times! Reading and studying the gospel. Talking about anything and everything under the sun, until the sun came up!

You couldn't be around Reid without experiencing his joy for life and the energy that he had! He shared it with everyone around him. I love you Reid! Happy Birthday Brother! I miss you! Till we meet again.....

1 comments:

Gina said...

What a great post. What a great guy. Thanks for remembering and sharing with me.