Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We Might Be Rednecks!

Reasons I might be a redneck! My father has an electric horse walker similar to the picture above. So, you're thinking to yourself, horse walker not really redneck. Well, my father hangs his wet clothes out to dry on it, and TURNS IT ON!! This same walker also serves as a merry-go-round! That's right, he hooks up swings to it! The kids love it!!
Okay, so here's another reason I might be a redneck. Imagine this. It's my wedding day, and like any other bride I have dreams of my wedding being the greatest of all. Well, because I was VERY pregnant when we got married I had to have A LOT of "adjustments" made to my dress, and skirt. I wanted to try on it one more time, to make sure it was still going to fit. I mean my belly was growing nightly!! I just had to try ONE MORE TIME! What a mistake! As I grabbed the string and pulled it to tie, it snapped! I just started crying!! (hormones, and nerves)
One of my three brothers said, "Wait! I have an idea! We can fix it the Phillips ( family name) way!" He ran outside to the barn and cut the twine off a bail of hay, brought it in and started "rigging up" my hoop skirt! So not only did I walk down the isle with my husband to the tune of "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen, my hoop skirt was being held up by bailing twine!!
Not only did I grow up in a "redneck" home. I married one too, and we are passing it on down! One hot day this summer the kids were playing outside on their slide and wanted to get wet, so Hunk came up with an idea! A waterslide! He hung the hose through the holes on the side of the slide. As you can see from the pictures the kids had a great time "water-sliding"!






And then....another idea was born! Why not put the hose UP through another hole.....

And then....Hunk decided he would drill more holes and use a rope to hold the hose in place.

Redneck water slide! The kids had a great time, and Hunk was soo proud!


7 comments:

Amber said...

ok i was LAUGHING the WHOLE time i read that!!!! clothes going around..... oh my gosh!! And TWINE?!? W-O-W!! That's great! I'm glad we're friends.

Gina said...

What do you mean MIGHT be?? ha ha

Amy said...

I think this post should be titled, "We might be MacGyver!" Awesome. The waterslide is fantastic and my kids would go CRAZY to have something like that. Who needs Cherry Hill when you have one right in your backyard!? Loved it.

Katie said...

UMMM...LOL!!!! You are the best redneck family I know!!!

annie said...

I think the water slide is quite clever! Love the fact about your wedding day. I also love the merry go round idea. Why not get more out of what you have? :-)

Granny Hawk said...

Whatever works, whether redneck or not. The water slide, hunk must take after his mommy...;-)

Unknown said...

I'm probably redneck too cause I think that is a very creative idea to use the horse thing for other stuff. If you got it... why not!And then to add the water to the slide is awesome... Kids love that kind of stuff.