Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Broken Bummie!

It's the time of day I dread! Diaper time! YUCK! I think after kids get a certain size they should just wake up potty trained!

I tell LB it's time to change his "under-wear" ( a pull-up, as he is starting to go on his own) as usual he tries to get out of it! He stands up, grabs his bum and says "you can't change me Mommy. Sawry can't." "Why not?" I ask. "Well, Mommy I think it's broken!"

My mind automatically goes back to when I was about 14 years old. My youngest brother comes running into my room screaming, it's broken! "Timmy, ( he called me that cause he couldn't say his K's) it's broken! BROKEN!!" Remember I'm 14, and at the time he busted into my room, I was probably dancing to Madonna's "Like a Virgin". I was annoyed! "What is wrong with you? What is broken?" I snapped! "My bumm! It's broken Timmy, broken!" He was hysterical! "It's not broken!" "Yes, it is Timmy, look!" He pulls his pants down and shows me his "broken" bum. "See, Timmy, it has a line in the middle cause it's broken!" I never laughed so hard in all my life!

The air in my house shifted, and the aroma brought me quickly back to the present! Good times!

3 comments:

Amber said...

LOL! Oh family is great! Kids are great! Funny your boy says the same thing as your bro! Weird....

Gina said...

That is a good one. You got me laughing on that.

annie said...

That is sooooo funny. You have some great memories from childhood. Thanks for sharing.