Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mother Of The Year??

NOT I! I will tell you why....

I was having a "horrible mommy" day! It was one of those days, my patience had RUN-OUT!! (blowing on my hands in the air....gone!) The kids and I were waiting in our new van. ( okay, it's 12 years old, but it's new to us, AND we can go places together...in one car!)

They were being their normal cooky selves, but because of the day I had, I wasn't impressed! Lunch Box said "mommy, why you no play today??" I answered in a huff, MOMMY IS TIRED!
Their yelling and screaming continued, I took a deep breath and bowed my head. "Heavenly Father?" I said. "I am SO SO thankful for my children, and for all the blessings you give me. Please bless me to have more patience with them." ( I know! What was I thinking!) At that exact moment there was a quietness that came over the van. Only it wasn't a "peaceful" kind of quiet, it was the kind of that scares every mother. The we're doing something we know we're not supposed to do so shhhhh kind!

"Rooster, what are you doing?" Silence. "Rooster, what are you doing?" Nothing. I then call her using her full name which in most cases symbolizes trouble. Still nothing. My blood starts pumping faster, and faster, I feel warmer and warmer. I try to use deep breathing, doesn't work. "ROOSTER! Talk to me now! Tell what you are doing back there!"

"I'm playing with Baby E's drink stuff, mommy." She answered. "What drink stuff?" I asked. "His milk, look!" She proudly shows me her hand covered with formula. Okay, I lost it! YOU FREEZE! DO NOT MOVE! All I could think of was how expensive formula is, and how I wish I could be at home instead of working so I could nurse. argh!

I tried some lamaze "deep cleansing" breaths on my way over to the sliding door. I looked at her and said, "if you can't stop being naughty, you will have to go live with someone else!"( are you gasping?) I took her out of the van and brushed the formula off her hand. She looked up at me and whined, " I don't wanna live with someones else, I wanna live with YOU! "Then you better be good! I barked." But, but, "I can't be good ALL the time, mommy." She said. I turned and grabbed her booster seat out, as it was covered with formula. Rooster screamed, "MOMMY, are you giving me my booster cause I have to live with someone else?!?!" (I'm going to have to pay for this in therapy when she's a teen?)

She snuck into the van while I was cleaning her booster, and with a big cheesy grin says, "now I'm in and you can't make me leave!" At this point it was best I not say anything. I was kicking myself in the you-know-what for asking the Lord for patience!

I got back in my seat and Lunch box says, "buckle me out mommy, I go yib wis someones else."

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Hahahahahahaha! Oh my word, Kimm! You are SO funny!!! I am so glad that I am not the only mommy who has days like that. Good grief! I am counting on the fact that our kids can't remember everything we say, right? Ha ha ha ha ha! (VISIT VISIT VISIT VISIT!)

Amber said...

Oh my hilarious!! I call those moments/days "monster mom" days. :) It's so fun, huh? I can laugh bc i've been there done that. You are so fabulous! it's hard being a working mom.... i know. But you rock! you're kids are great! And life is good!!

Amy said...

I love that Lunch Box volunteered to go. Ha! I can't stop laughing! Thanks for sharing...

Gina said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood. We have all been there. Lunchbox's response is the best!

Granny Hawk said...

Yep! You sure did it...you asked for patience....lol...poor rooster....grandmas little urchin...can't wait to see them...I will call tonight 6/2