Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Dedication

I am dedicating this post to the memory of my dear grandfather William (Bill) Gordan Phillips. He passed away on May 10, 2009. He has been suffering for a long time, and although I will miss him dearly, I know he is in a better place. More importantly, I know that because of Jesus Christ I will see him again!

How grateful I am for that knowledge! Even with that, losing him is hard. Even harder, is watching my family members that don’t have that belief! My heart truly breaks for them. I have a lot of feelings rushing through my brain right now, so much that I can’t seem to get them out!

So, I will say this: I love him! He was a wonderful man! A good example of what it means to work hard. I cherish the memories made with him, and look forward to the day we meet again! Till then Grandpa, God be with you!

Not, How Did He Die, But How Did He Live?

Not how did he die, but how did he live?
Not what did he gain, but what did he give?
These are the units to measure the worth
Of a man as a man, regardless of birth.
Not, what was his church, nor what was his creed?
But had he befriended those really in need?
Was he ever ready, with word of good cheer,
To bring back a smile, to banish a tear?
Not what did the sketch in the newspaper say,
But how many were sorry when he passed away.

- Anonymous


5 comments:

annie said...

Kimm, I'm sorry to hear about the lose of your gradpa. Loosing someone, even when they are better off, is never an easy thing. My heart and prayers are with you and your family today. BTW happy mothers day.

Granny Hawk said...

I'm sorry about your Grandpa Kimm...

Misty said...

I'm so sorry you lost someone you love so much. It sounds like you have wonderful memories with him and that he left his print on you and your family. What a blessing.

Amber said...

Oh, I'm sorry! Sounds like a great man!

The Fuller's lived a few doors down from me when we moved here to WJ! They're great. They'd moved to AZ and just came back to UT few months ago. It is a small world!!

Rhonda said...

Kimm and Fam~

Sorry for your loss of his presence, I know that losing anyone is a very difficult time. I hope that you will be able to remember the good times and keep them in your hearts and minds forever. Know that he is well taken care of and happy to be with family on the other side. Love you!