Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oh happy Day!!

To date, yesterday was the best day of this year! I was able to go with Hunk and his sister to the Bountiful Temple, where they received their endowment! It was a beautiful experience to see the two of them make new covenants, and take one more step closer to our ultimate goal of returning to live with our Father in Heaven.

Are you wondering how we got to this point? Well, allow me to explain....

On Aug 23,1984 I became the first member of The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints in my family! I was a rebellious teenager and decided that if being a member of the church was going to anger my Father (who is a very loving, wonderful, can't-say-enough-good-things-about him "now" man) I would do it!! Shortly after that, I gained a testimony of my own, and knew the Church was true!

Ten years later, I was on my way to England to serve a mission for the Church, in the British Deaf Programme! It was one of the most challenging, yet most rewarding times of my life. A few years later, after some not-so-righteous choices, I found myself less-active in the Church that had given me so much.

It was during this time I met, and fell in love with Hunk (at first sight) while I was interpreting at the community college. We were engaged, got pregnant, married, and pregnant again. Hunk had always asked question about the gospel. I half heartily answered them. At that time I had no desire at all to be a part of the church.

After Lunch Box had turned one, we decided the place we were living in (due to location) was unfit for our children. Where to move?? Was the question of the hour. True to form, the Lord sent his answer through the still small voice. I ignored it! I didn't want to hear that we were supposed to live in Tooele. The promptings continued to grow stronger, I realized no matter how far I had fallen from the gospel I was still being led in my life by the higher power!

We moved to Tooele in November of 2007, everything fell right into place! Exactly two weeks to the day we moved in the Elders knocked on our door. I knew at that moment the purpose of our move! Hunk invited them in, and I was reconnected with an old friend....the Holy Ghost! After the missionaries left that night, Hunk was like, I feel so warm inside, and good! The Elders returned in a couple of days and Hunk announced unbeknownst to me that he was ready to be baptised!

I personally wasn't ready for that, I was having fun in my sin!! The missionaries continued to visit, bringing a wonderful spirit to our home each time. On January 13, 2008 Hunk was baptised! We invited his sister to come, and at the baptism she felt the spirit SO strong and asked me for a Book Of Mormon, I told her I would give her address to the missionaries and she could meet with them. She was baptised on February 17, 2008! The ward mission leader that came to her discussions with the missionaries, is now her father in law!

They both took out their endowment, like I said yesterday!! Kelly and Jordan will be sealed this Saturday in the Logan Temple! Hunk and I with our three beautiful children will be sealed on our anniversary in April at the new Draper Temple! I could have never imagined all of this would happen! I am SO thankful! So excited! SO happy! So blessed!

13 comments:

Amy said...

Kim, thanks for sharing your journey with us! What a wonderful day, indeed. I wish I would have known you were so close yesterday - we live in Bountiful, and I would have at least waved to you guys or something! We toured the Draper Temple a few weeks ago, and it is beautiful. They had a couple share their testimony while a group of us were sitting in one of the sealing rooms, and it was so touching. I'm thrilled for you and your family.

Amber said...

YEAH!!!! Congratulations! You are so awesome! Guess those Seminary interpreting days as my fabulous mentor was actually a 'baby step' like you said! :) Remember?? Congrats to you and your family!!

Jesse and Katie Brunner said...

Kimm, I don't normally cry. But after reading your blog, I did. You are truly amazing. I will never stop saying it. AMAZING! I am so happy for you and your family. What a wonderful time for you :)

annie said...

That is an awesome story. Thank you for sharing it. I can't wait for the sealing in April!

Unknown said...

Ahhhh.... I loved your story! I can't wait for you all to be sealed together. It is such a blessing.

Granny Hawk said...

Wow...that is some story....I sure do love you kiddo...;-)You have piqued my interest...hmmmm

Misty said...

I'm so happy for you guys, Kimm. Sometimes we need the lack of the spirit to appreciate it fully when we have it back. Congratulations to you both!!

NannyP said...

OH HAPPY DAY IS RIGHT!!! I have been trying to post a comment sence you stated it! YIPPIE SKIPPIE
P.S. Guess this all means I have to buy a DRESS!!!???
love to you all

NannyP said...

I meant to type started not stated, oh well I'm a nannie now so I can misspell a few words.

Teddi said...

Kimm - I've been wondering what has happened since the last times we used to talk - wow, a lot sure has! I'm so excited for you and couldn't be happier for all the wonderful changes. You deserve every happiness and blessing Heavenly Father has in store for you!

james said...

hey glad u had a happy day love u hope yall are still healthy and happy love,clay

Gina said...

Yeah for you. You already know that from me though. It is fun to read it again.

Gerb said...

I was totally behind in reading your posts and this one is my favorite of all time. What a great story... congratulations!!